IAM F1RST Register
The IAM F1RST Register recognises excellence during the IAM advanced driving or riding test.
Members will receive a special certificate and membership card complete with the F1RST logo. Their names are also entered into the F1RST register below.View F1RST Register
How to get on the F1RST Register
Over 1,000 people have now achieved F1RST status!
F1RST membership is attained by taking the advanced test for car, motorcycle or commercial vehicle and achieving a score of 1 in every* category.
Existing IAM members can take a Member's Assessment in order to try and achieve the all 1s score*. Existing members who previously passed the test with the qualifying score within the last two years can be added to the Register retrospectively.
The F1RST Register provides a means for IAM members to improve their road skills by retaking an assessment and working on the areas where a score of less than 1 was achieved.
* Our Examiners have the discretion to recommend a candidate even if they score a '2' in no more than three categories (however Legality and Slow Manouevring must score a '1')
* Commentary is not part of the motorcycle requirement for a F1RST.
Could you qualify for the F1RST Register?
- Contact us now if you think you qualify
- Buy a Skill for Life driving or riding programme
- Buy a driving or riding assessment (IAM members only)
- Do you qualify through special exemption (Police Advanced driving or riding)?
What next for F1RST members?
There are a number of new challenges awaiting our F1RST members. Take our new Masters qualification, consider becoming an IAM Group Observer or attend one of our circuit based Skills Days.
Please bear with us if there is a short delay before we add your details to the F1RST Register - it is proving very popular!
SEARCH TIP - Please search by your surname only!